OK this story must be one of the best-known that Jesus ever told, everyone has heard it! And if not (at least if they speak English or French or just about any other European language) they know the main character’s name – The Good Samaritan. Except that, what we know if we know this, is all wrong!
Jesus was a prophet so to understand what he’s doing here we need to remind ourselves how Prophets work. So after a quick recap on prophets we think about what Jesus the prophet is doing when he tells this story.
For more on prophets try these:
- E100-36: 2 Samuel 11:1 – 12:25: David and Bathsheba?
- E100 Week 10: Prophets: three principles to unlock the code
- E100-46: Isaiah 51:1 – 53:12: Reading prophets for pleasure and profit
- E100-47: Jeremiah 1:1 – 3:5: Getting started as a prophet
- E100-50: Malachi 1:1 – 4:6: The book that makes the bridge