Joseph gets 13 chapters, in Genesis (that’s more than any other character) so Joseph’s story is one of three parts of the book: Primeval History, Patriarchs & Joseph. So what’s so special about Joseph?
- Message in Gen 50:20:
- Providence: God is in control even when it does not look like it – “Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good“
- Salvation: God seeks to rescue people – “in order to save a many people“
- Application: moves to significance today – “…as he is doing today.”
- Living well as an “exile” Babylon, beyond, Christians today
- Necessary step in the plot of Bible leads to Exodus: miraculous redemption for slavery